View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #65
Moccelin

Re: Veraneio 67 - The Brasilian Suburban

.Can anyone say if the rear light assembly (brakes, turn signals, etc... here we call "lanterna" but I don't remember the name you give to this piece) of the Veraneio was from some of the vehicles made in America? I know that the chassi is the same from yous 1968-72 Burbs, so we can import mechanical pieces from this age for our trucks without fear (maybe the need to make something fit with a hammer lol), but as already said, we don't have a lot of aftermarket pices makers for trucks from this time, and I'm triyng to find as much new pieces as I can.

And finally, besides CPP, with have all I want but have some problems (imagine, pay more to ship than to buy, pay a lot of taxes and finally discover that they sent the whrong spring...), whith brand should I look for pieces like springs, arms, sway bars, drop spindles, brake kits, etc? My 1971 still have drum brakes in all wheels, don't have sway bars (lots of body roll), and the suspension elements have some age.

I already tought about buy CPP parts but from Summit Racing (they send to Brazil), but some parts I will need specific variations like heavy duty springs (to fit a heavy truck with coil spring in the rear, maybe the reason I am insisting in whrite "as" with 2 "s").

Thank you everybody... I will post pictures of mine soon. Not as beautifull as the orange posted here, but is my "2 tons baby".

P.S.: Why I'm insisting in whrite "as" with 2 "s"... This lack of oportunities to whrite in english is killing me lol...

Last edited by Moccelin; 01-11-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Remove some excess of "s" in the text.
Moccelin is offline   Reply With Quote