View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 02:27 AM   #6
SeanB242

Re: Any electronics nerds interested in Arduino/Atmel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
I'm working on stuff like that for my truck. I have designed and prototyped a vehicle speed compensated intermittent wiper control. And working on a headlight harness with partial-brightness daytime running lights. I'll be using plain sealed beam halogen bulbs, I've not been very interested in the non-DOT expensive non-stock looking bulbs with halos and all that jazz. Then there is the cluster light rheostat to PWM (pulse width modulation) LED dimmer to smooth the dimming and allow dimming all the way down to nothing with the headlight switch's rheostat. Switch-free capacitance touch circuit for a kill switch or to switch other things. One day I will add power windows of the type that use the switch built into the window crank, and I'll want to double tap that crank switch to make it control the passenger side window. I've got too many project ideas so I'm not getting anywhere with them, it's a slow process. All this stuff is relay free, using just transistors for the high current switching. Power MOSFETs, metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistors. Arduino can control all that stuff, and they are so cheap that you don't need to have a central controller for everything, you can use just a few pins of a controller chip for the individual project and seal it up in a project box and wire it up to the truck. Then select another project and use another controller. How about cruise control? I'm designing that in my head right now. I can help with hardware design.

Wiper controller example
Attachment 1787531

And the breadboard prototype of it
Attachment 1787532

Ok, well thats pretty awesome. Are you going to be selling these?
SeanB242 is offline   Reply With Quote