View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
Robznob11

Re: LED Doesnt Work Incandescent Does

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
The same voltage shown in post #3 is used on the sockets in the truck, thats an LED being lit in post #3 with the same power used on the truck to light an incandescent. Also I bumped up the amps on the truck just to make sure.
I checked polarity from the socket + and - to the fuse/ground panel. It's dead on, ground to ground, power to power, not switched there. I'm stumped. All I can think of is the little tabs arent making contact well enough in the American Autowire socket on the LED bulbs from China. Not that you can even buy them made in America so thats a mute argument.
You say you bumped the amps up on the truck???? Is the battery dead? Are you testing with a dead battery and charger on it? The only reason I ask is because I had a fellow say his led tails would not light. Come to find out his battery was low so he attempted to check them in the truck and use a battery charger for a little boost. The problem is there is a significant voltage drop in the wiring...especially if it is stock. Leds are also voltage sensitive too. Meaning they need close to full voltage to light. It sounds crazy but I saw first hand ....with a new battery they worked perfect. With that said some leds are more forgiving than others. The square superflux I use now will light with 1/2 to 3/4 voltage. The little cheap 2 leg ones usually do not.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote