View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #8
jamyers

Re: 1969 C10 Longbed BubbaTruck

Today I fired up the pressure washer and went to town, blasting away year's of grime/dust/grunge from pretty much anywhere I could get to without laying on the ground.

The heater-box area of the firewall cleaned up all right, but there's a good deal of surface rust inside the cowl / air inlet area. Impossible to reach everything inside there because of the fresh air vent, water diverters, etc. What a PITA to deal with, but I won because I got ALL of the debris out of the entire cowl airbox area, yay!

There is a lot of surface rust on the inner fenders, radiator support, and under the hood in general. The pressure washer did a decent job of blasting loose paint and debris off of the engine and frame.

Happily, a wire brush on a drill and/or a sanding sponge is making short work of the surface rust on the sheet metal.

The interior was already sprayed with primer black, but had a lot of dirt - good thing the only thing in there is the steering column and wiring harness!

It'll be at least a week until I get anywhere near hooking up a battery, so I figured as long as I didn't spray directly at the harness it'll have plenty of time to dry - and I'm a big believer (now) of using dielectric (silicone) grease on just about every electrical connection.

Note that the floorboards have been sprayed with bed liner. This stuff is pretty tough, and extremely non-skid (on the flip side, it's a dirt magnet). I'm thinking a $20 rubber floormat will work just fine...
Attached Images

jamyers is offline   Reply With Quote