View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
BMSJaX

Re: Windshield wiper arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Kid View Post
I was just about to order some arms for my 65. ( I currentlly have no arms or blades, not good in the rain!) I was wondering, can I order just the arms and go to a local store and find the whole blades the correct length.. I'm not sure if this is what you were asking or if you were just using REFILLS. Thanks ( I take it the arm just pushes on and you adjust by removing and trying in a little different postion)
Ya the arm just pushes on and if its not right you pop it off and try again. Try turning on your wipers and watching the little "nubs" and when the passanger side stops moving clockwise and the drivers side stops moving counter-clockwise(looking from the outside) that is the full down position. Put the arms and blades on positioning the blades at the bottom of the windshield. The correct blade length is 13" I get mine at Kragen for about $10 a piece I think. The only problem is the slot in the blade that the arm slides into is wider than the arm itself so it wiggles around alot when you use them and I had one just break off while I was driving. Not sure is Autozone has a different brand that fits the arm better.
BMSJaX is offline   Reply With Quote