View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
oldman3

Jimbo's 67 Long bed step side build

Hello everyone. My name is Jim, I'm 65, been retired for several years and like messing with cars and trucks (since I was 14). I have been posting on the 47-59 forum with the build of my roadster pickup, just finished wraping that one up. I'm now starting this post of a 67 long bed step side I redid for a friend of mine. I worked on it from 2005 till 2008 (not all the time, you know the drill). I wish I knew about this site then, it would have saved me alot of headaches. Anyhow it's been on the road for about 2-1/2 years. A little background on the pickup. It's been in Jimbo's family for about 38 years. His dad picked it up in 1973, and gave it to Jimbo in 1978. It was an original 6 cyl, 3 speed, long bed heavy half ton. It had been a work truck for many years. Jimbo had a built 327 installed, but keep the 3 spd. Then in 1983 he had it painted. Over the years it sat outside and slowly when down hill. That's where we got together and decided to bring it back to life. So follow along for the next several weeks while I post pictures and tell you a story about a truck called "OLD RED".
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote