View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
padresag

Re: Engine ran for a second, died, now no spark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandons63 View Post
Read the previous posts on coils and spark from the last few days. The resisted wire is the stretch between the + side of the coil to the starter solenoid. There are also wiring diagrams in the last few posts that will help you out. Have you replaced any of the other wire than the one that was grounded out? You may want to follow the diagram, ring out the two stretches of wire(the one from coil to starter and starter to firewall harness) and double check they aren't shorted ASLO I had this problem... I wasn't using ring eyelets on my coil wires.. Instead I was using the original wire from distributer to coil. It had a 90* spade on it that was turned and touching the coil. That took forever to find out.. To test, grab the multimeter, set to 20vdc disconnect the + from coil, hold your remote start switch in the start pos, and u should have around 12vdc there at the coil wire. Then when you let back to run it should drop to 9vdc.. The wire you are looking for should be the sleeved pink wire. The coil will be fine without being externally resisted, it's the points that could be welded shut. May want to look at them. I'm curious if you set your points? And preset the initial timing? It shouldn't be barely running especially on ether.
does not that resistor or resistor wire run between the coil and the ignition switch? 9 volts continuous and 12 on start
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote