View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #14
CSHADES

Re: Rebuilding my 1977 plow truck

As you can see in the above pics I put the cab on a rotisserie so I could work on the bottom in comfort. If you look at the last pic above you can see how bad the water from the broken vent window has invaded the floor pan. This was the first time I ever had a body with more rust on the inside floor pan than the outside.The rotisserie was one of my better tool purchases. this is the third vehicle I have had on it. If you have one you will wonder how you ever got along without it.
Here is a few more pics with more to come. I learned a lot with this build as far as what it takes to put a newer cab with the older front and frame as you will see in the future posts. Also as you can see the box doesn't have a fuel filler on the passenger side were as the plow truck has dual tanks so we are going to have to fix that also.
The one thing to keep in mind as I am doing this truck I actually am getting the new body ready to go on the plow truck before I disassemble the plow truck even though I showed you pics of the plow truck being disassembled I actually did all the body and paint work on the donor body first then tore the plow truck apart. This may not seem important at this point but I can tell you it actually caused some problems later which you will see and hear about.
Any questions so far?
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote