View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
67pete300

Re: Project Ants Marching 1965 C10 Short Step

Now the good part: brakes and suspension plan and questions.

Been researching CPP, ECE (my first choice), and POL. I like ECE for all the American made stuff, but struggling with the $premium. POL is 10% off everything before 10/1 and sounds at least like the spindles are of equal quality. Not sure about the rubber bits, but the $500 in savings will go a long way towards more parts.

Here is the thoughts:
1. 6 lug 2.5" drop spindle disc brake kit (hope the rotors fit behind the wheels which I believe to be Wheel Vintiques 15x8)
2. Booster & Master cal
3. SS brake lines
4. Front sway bar
5. Upper and lower control arm cross shafts
6. Maybe idler and pitman arm. Manual steering will have to stay until engine upgrade later. Not messing with PS on the 230 (been there, done that before.)

Now the drop question. I don't want it to be "slammed", but definitely lower for a cool look and improved cruising.
The truck sits level now. The front looks like it can drop 4" easy (2.5 spindle plus 1.5 more spring). The rear does not look like it can take 6" by a long shot. Is it possible the current springs have sagged and a new drop spring might not be a true drop (or even a lift?)

I'm thinking of just ordering a 2" drop block kit for the rear, going with the 2.5" spindle on the front, and maybe cutting a bit off the front if I want more. I can add lowering springs to the rear later if the 2" blocks are not enough.

This complicates shock ordering. I think I need a shorter shock for the front no matter what (2.5" or 4" depending) but can stick with the current rear shocks with 2" blocks. Then I would need shorter rear shocks if I added lowering springs later. Is this right?
Attached Images

67pete300 is offline   Reply With Quote