View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #48
oldusafmsgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
Thank you for that . By chance are you able to find 1961 . Reason is , 1961 silver interiors were a slightly different shade. It's sort of has a blueish tint to it .
We’ve been through this before. The paint codes for 60-61,Chevy interior charcoal and silver are the same. If you go to any PPG auto paint store, they also show the same colors used both years. I have all the major paint mfg's paint chip charts from 60-61, factory literature, they all show the same codes used both years. If someone could provide proof different colors were used in 61, I'd gladly pay for it. In 50 years I haven't seen it. I have seen slight shade differences in trucks from different assembly plants. And differences in sun fading/aging. I currently have two 61's, one Atlanta built, one Norwood built, 2 60's, both Atlanta built, and all 4 have original paint silver/charcoal interior paint that is identical. I'm not debating that various shades exist for various reasons, but research indicates the same paint codes/formulas were specified for 60 and 61 interiors.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by oldusafmsgt; 10-14-2017 at 09:24 AM.
oldusafmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote