View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 AM   #103
Mjminino

Re: Project Christine V2.0

Well ran into a problem.

Here is my problem, I acquired CPP's Deluxe Trac Bar Kit for my 64' (http://www.classicperform.com/Store/...k/6062DTBK.htm) in that big parts deal.

The instructions mentioned nothing of cutting rivets and re-welding the frame mount of the trac bar. Putting everything together the trac bar is no where near the upper mount. The trac bar is a double adjusting one. I am also using CPP's shock relocation kit, which you see beneath the silver bracket. Looking at picture 3 you might say that it looks tilted, which I can agree from the picture it kind of does look like that, but I assure you it isn't. Actually it can't be, I had the factory trac bar was in place so that's where the rear end had to be (left and right and tilted correctly). The springs are in place so the trailing arms are where they need to be which makes the rear end where it needs to be (front and back). Is there something I am missing?

I saw that CPP sold a bent trac bar that I was interested in and someone mentioned to me to just move the top frame mount to accommodate the trac bar. In the pictured scenario below, it is not hitting the factory trac bar mount on the rear end and mind you, we are not forcing the bar at all. That is simply where it goes when we lifted it up to the frame. Which is extremely weird because CPP's instructions mention using that mount and nothing of cutting or welding. (I know broken record right )

My question is: Is that a good thing to do? It puts it a pretty crazy angle. I am not opposed to doing that, it is just that the factory mounts are straight across from each other and I don't know if the trac bar can be at that far of an angle and still be efficient. Here are some pictures of my situation.
Attached Images

Mjminino is offline   Reply With Quote