View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #115
Mjminino

Re: Project Christine V2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I have never used the CPP track bar, but from what I do know, the 65-72 frame bracket is in a bit of a different location/angle on the frame than the 64.

Short less expensive answer is: yes, you can cut off the frame bracket and move it to where the CPP bar needs it to be. The whole idea of the CPP bar is to get it longer then the factory bar to reduce the side to side movement as the suspension cycles up and down. Since you already have the CPP stuff, just cut off the frame end mount and reposition it to work with the bar and weld it in. IF this was my project, that is what I would do.

THE PBFab kit is great, but if you don't really want to spend the money, you can make what you have work.
Yeah I'd like to get out of this problem as cheap as possible which welding would be free, and like most people... I like free, plus I already have the bar.

My next problem since I got all of that new stuff is I don't know what years everything fits. The guy I purchased everything from said the setup came off of his 63 (everything was already on it when he bought it). None of the linkage he sent me has any part numbers on it and I called Western Chassis who makes the drop spindles and he said ball joints from 63-70 would work.

As far as the inner tie rods go, were they the same from 67-70? I found this picture

on chevy_mike's for sale page and the idler arm bracket that I got with the parts looks EXACTLY like that one, which leads me to believe that the linkage stuff he sent me was for a 68, but as to the original question were 67'-70' all the same?

Trying to narrow down the years everything was for so I can order nice fresh parts. Without knowing anything and no references to go off of I was SO DAMN tempted to order CPP's grand slam kit (ANOTHER 1300 dollars) and be done with it. Wasting my money on this suspension is slowly pissing me off Once all of this is done the suspension will finally be complete with everything being brand new. I would just order up the inner/outer tie rods, nice adjusting sleeves and upper/lower ball joints.
Mjminino is offline   Reply With Quote