View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #119
Mjminino

Re: Project Christine V2.0

Talked to chevy_mike through email the yesterday and he helped me determine the years on my front steering linkage. We both determined that the linkage is 67-70. He's got a 68' for sale and as mentioned above I saw that my idler arm looked exactly like his. I will be ordering the whole shebang (idler arm, pitman arm, inner/outer tie rods, upper/lower ball joints. Western Chassis mentioned that their spindles will accommodate 63-70 ball joints. It'll be nice to have everything the same years for future repairs. The only thing I am out is the $100 for the 71' rotors and the $30 for the 71' factory height spindles. Since today is Friday I am going to a fish fry after work so I wont't have any time to dedicate to Christine. Tomorrow after work on the other hand I am going to clean up the spindles and center link/drag link and get them coated in por15 so everything is ready to go when the new parts show up. Upon doing this everything will be done except for the 5" rear springs that I still have to order.
Attached Images

Mjminino is offline   Reply With Quote