View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #5
smbrouss70

Re: Accuair e-level Rocker Switch placement

I know most go for the touchpad, I was just hoping there were a couple of creative cheap bastards like me out there.

Back 6 or 7 years ago when I ordered my Accuair, I didn't want the touchpad hanging out on the seat. I figured I would make a bracket to put it under the dash pointing at the floor. A buddy of mine did exactly that and hated having to lean forward to reach it. He ended up adding the touchpad and made a pretty slick mount that bolts to the floor right in front of his bench seat. I could do something similar, but I am too hard-headed!

Now they have the slick ashtray mounts for the touchpad for $300. If they had something like that back then I would have ordered the touchpad from the beginning. Now it would cost me another $640 to get that setup ($340 to add the touchpad), and I just don't see it as worth that much to have a hidden control.

I think I will try to make a bracket for it that hangs off of the bottom of the seat frame and points it towards the driver's door. Hopefully that will be easy to reach while driving.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote