View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #9
my56chevytruck

Re: Door Rubber Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
be aware that some of the new door seals are very stiff and can cause issues with the door fitment because they don't squash out well. some will say to slam the door and park the truck in the sun forever so they take a shape to fit. my buddy had that issue with brand new seals from a reputable supplier. he ended up going with a soffseal which was like night and day in comaparison. he had his doors adjusted and fit properly, painted his truck and then went to install the new seals. the door wouldn't close to fit the body and if he were to tighten the door latch to get the door to fit then he wouldn't be able to unlatch the door. he ended up replacing the seals with the soffseal units and his door closed well and sealed well. the seals need to be glued to the door so it is a pain to install the wrong part or install the right part the wrong way around (they do have a right and wrong way. best to look at the old ones before you take them off, pics of the disassembly or strip down are important).
DSraven is dead on, (again) you may need to make some adjustment and I would urge you to contact SOFF SEAL for your door weatherstripping. I went thru (2) previous OEM suppliers and could never get my door closed at all until I went to SOFF SEAL. They have the small press in clips for your door. Check them out.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote