View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 11:24 PM   #21
56hotrodred

Re: dual electric fans question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
this is the best pic i could find on line of the ramjet 350 plug. this is in a tri5 chevy, he was able to index the distributor to make it work. i tried indexing mine to the side and hit the firewall. this is the plug plus you have the female end and wires. sticks out 2 inches from what i recall. my firewall mod could have been smaller, the distributor is not an issue only the plug.

the mefi controller and coil brackets are designed to mount on the back of the each head. doesn't work on our trucks.

yeah you need to throw the cab on to check the fit. both fuel lines exit on back near the same area too. you can see the supply line up front and the return regulator behind the distributor in this pic. i had the stock front motor mounts on the sbc when i fabbed the motor and trans mounts. my motor is in the stock location for a v8.

if you winter anywhere near sarasota fl, look me up. i'll be heading down after xmas
heading south for you could be kalispell montana

I have just today turned the cab back on its nose so I can finish the underside of the floorboards. Little more welding then some fibreglass reinforced bondo over my welds then epoxy primer, seam seal and undercoating. Hope to have it back sitting on the frame before I go south after Christmas.

Again the 56 body sitting on the 80 1/2 tone frame present a few new challenges.

I never knew about the plug on the distributor until you mentioned it and thought I was going to be okay after my original mockup.

I also never knew where the Mefi was sitting and know it also not work for me not he back of the head.

Cant wait to get the cab sitting back on the frame to tackle those little issues.

Your right Kalispell is just a hop, skip and a jump from where I live in the southwestern corner of Alberta but we winter in Arizona.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote