View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #432
JK88

Re: Post Your Ride 88-98 Trucks

Here's my '88 1500, Black and tan. It's got a little over 161K miles. It's what I was looking for: older style Chevy, black, short box, regular cab, perfect start to a 454 SS clone. I drove it home, parked it, and it died. I've probably replaced half the truck by now I can't even list it all, cause I can't remember it but some things:
-battery
-gas tank
-fuel lines
-brake lines
-seats
-speakers
-radio
-tires
-air cleaner
-fuel filter
-every light on the truck, exterior and interior
-wiring cover under hood (Hard as hell to find!!)
-thermostat
-center hubs
-wheel cylinders
-all brakes
-idler arm
-pitman arm

And alot more. Right now, it's leaking oil like a ***** so I've gotta drop the trans and replace the rear main seals, the oil pan gasket and the oil pan itself. It's gonna be alot of work...

A couple future mods are new rocker panels, new cab corners, new bed, shaved doorhandles, black bumpers, black/red grille emblem, 454SS decals, 454SS tailgate decal, soft tonneau cover, new headliner, new carpet, 30% VLT tinted windows, and the same wheels, just chromed.

Here's some older pics, summer '08, before the winter came and killed my bed, rockers, and cab corners that much more...

Over spring break, I replaced the rear main seal, oil filter seal, oil pan gasket, and oil pan. I also hand-sanded the grille and painted it black. Sorry, no pics.
Attached Images

Thank you for everything over the years. You truly changed my life. I love you more than you knew, and I miss you terribly. I'll never forget you.

November 15, 1990-March 22, 2008

Last edited by JK88; 03-30-2009 at 08:24 PM.