View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #355
mrvette

Re: Project: Over My Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19 View Post
I agree on both counts, dad.
The MC is actually attached to the frame, about as far back as under the bench seat. There is a pivot and a link rod leading back to the booster. That link rod needs to be shortened and made adjustable so I can get the pedal height correct. Since it works as is, though, that project isn't on the top of the list.

The wires, I'll clean up some day. Wire routing, engine and body, has been a royal mess from day 1. I am driving it as-is while I think about how to logically separate sub-harnesses and how / where to route things.
Good, long as you know....but they call it elecTRICKals for a reason......

For anyone else, I"m an old ET for some 60 years now, since age 10 or so, maybe earlier....hotrodders moved into the burb and so tossed my bike aside and slid under the cars helping the teen agers out.....try a '49 Ford Flat Head, baby blue metallic, lowered, chopped, channeled, dual antennas, mud flaps, and FULL SIZE MOON spun aluminum caps.....louvered hood too......they moved in from the west coast, so I was just a hanger on at their folks house....they had many years on me, ....but another guy came of age and bought a ~35 coupe....and had a ENGINE in it....I helped much as I could....Decades ago I remember getting into the hydraulic brain of my '61 Catalina....and modifying it to learn to SHIFT, it was the full 4 speed hydro, not the 'slim Jim'......been a while....
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote