View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
t300

Project: SRS BSNS

Hi all. I recently picked up a 1970 c10 lwb as my first domestic vehicle project since I got my 1966 Mustang when I was 16. 20ish years ago! man time flies. Been involved more in imports, euros, and snowmobiles since then but I figured it was time I bought a real truck. My 07 F150 is great and all, but the 5.5foot box just isn't quite adequate.

So this leads me to the c10. I wanted something that had original paint, was LWB, and I could still use 'as a truck'. I found this truck an hour away from me and grabbed it. The SPID was unfortunately gone a long time ago, and I didn't find a build sheet under the seat. It shows 86,000 miles on the odometer, and the balljoints were still riveted/original and in okay shape, so the mileage may actually be accurate. Has a 350/350, power steering, the 'over ride' springs in the back (not sure what they are called), but that seems to be about it for options. Front bumper is a replacement from 10 years ago (and was banged up since then)

So the name of the game is get the brakes, suspension, etc in order, and drive it for a few months until the cold Canadian winter arrives, and then look for a 5.3 or 6.0 vortec to drop into it. I wanted to lower it, but still be able to haul a load of dirt, tow something, etc. I ended up with a new brakes all around including discs in front, manual airbag setup, shocks, misc bushings, a Curt hitch, and a few other things. Basically if I touched it and it wasn't up to par, it got repaired or replaced. Cab supports need to be done but I'll run it as is until winter then pop the cab off and deal with that. Still have some exhaust work to do which is frustrating the heck out of me but I digress. On to the pics!
t300 is offline   Reply With Quote