View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 09:30 AM   #12
68Stepbed

Re: MUSTANG ll IFS upgrade on a 70 blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z11WEAVER View Post
That dusk blue is gorgeous! I have been contemplating that color as well or marina blue with the white sides and wood trim down the sides and tailgate. How much of a difference in ride and handling have you noticed gained? I picked up a 74 square body front suspension set-up and considered the CPP controll arms, drop spindles/springs ect, but since all modern builds and new cars primarily use this design, Im leaning this way. I want to do this right the first time. Looking for a 5 or 6" drop in front and 8 in the rear. Gonna run a 20x12 rear and 20x9.5 front. 5.3/4L60e, factory buckets, console, tilt and AC.
My truck is actually Atlantic Blue. thank you for the compliment!

The best part of the suspension is it retains the feel of driving an old truck( I was actually worried about it losing it's old truck feel.) The biggest differences are the fact it handles bumps, potholes, etc. without the drama the factory style suspension had. The rack and pinion steering is very responsive and agile with no play like the old boxes tend to have. The Ridetech coilovers are single rebound adjustable, so the ride can be tuned for how you drive it. I usually crank the fronts up pretty high for autocross use and turn them back down for normal driving.

My truck was lowered 4.5/6.75 before and I always thought it handled pretty well, but the new suspension certainly made a huge improvement. I also have the rear torque arm system from TCI. The torque arm is amazing! With stock suspension, I actually got sick of spinning tires because it was so easy. Now, even with 530+hp/475tq, I have to work hard to make it spin tires. The difference in rear grip was night and day.

The front system yields about a 5" drop. The rear only about 7", but a 1" block could get you 8" without messing up any geometry. Just make sure you have floor clearance for the center section.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote