View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #105
brownboyrocks

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Found this in Austin, and went to check it out myself. The engine is clean and sounds great. The radiator looks new, but the engine and most of the main components are original factory parts -- even the AC system. (The AC/Heater blower isn't strong so that will need to be checked out, but I'm not too worried about that.) I took it for a drive and it corners great, has no problems getting up to 70 on the highway, and the brakes are tight. Stopping is no problem. Here's the issue with this truck... the sliding glass in the window look like they're just two piece of glass cut to fit just enough. There's no latch or rubber seals so they either need to be replaced or the whole window switched to a solid rear windshield. The driver's side vent window is missing or has become disconnected from the post-arm so it dangles when it opens. Most of the door and window seals are decent enough, but will need to be replaced to be used as a daily driver. Then, there's the paint. Some knucklehead thought it would be a good idea to cover the original olive green paint with a half-assed white/yellow two tone paint job. They even painted over some of the accent pieces like the Cheyenne decal on the front driver quarter panel. It has the original AM radio, all the original nobs, nice carpet, the seat has tears but is in good condition. The body lines are straight and the only missing trim is what goes around the rear tail lights.

I'd like to buy this as my daily driver. I told the guy I'd give him $5500, but not sure that's decent deal for a truck that's going to need some work before it can be a true daily driver. My main concerns are the rear windshield, the driver side vent window, and the crappy paint job. Everything else really does look, sound, and runs great. What do yall think?

Here's the text from the ad:

1972 CHEVROLET C10 FACTORY A/C ORIGINAL MILES ($6500)

MILEAGE :93039
EXTERIOR COLOR: YELLOW
INTERIOR :GREEN
TRANSMISSION: AUTOMATIC
FUEL:GAS
TITLE STATUS: CLEAN