View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #141
bigeasycigars

Re: '72 Frame Up Rebuild

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond back...Yes the header bar comes with it now. I will do the same as you with the allens great idea. Seeing your truck made me go with the softopper. I hope I get some warm weather to install this weekend. Thanks again. Loved your build and thread....E

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyote View Post
Put the bed rails about 1/4" from the door opening at the front.

As for the holes.....actually I did it a little different.

I live pretty close to Boulder so I went over there and bought some stock and had them make me a one piece rail for the sides and then I marked the holes from the bottom and drilled them out...3 on each side I think.

And I bought some stainless allen head bolts at Ace Hardware figuring those don't come out as easy if someone was trying to take them out.....usually don't carry an allen head around.....and I bought a screw head instead of a bolt.

I also rounded off the corners on the angle pieces that bolt to the windshield rubber......just cause I didn't like the sharp corners so close to my top ;-)

Did you buy the header bar or drill holes in the header?

I used the header bar but I think I ended up putting 7 of the long snaps on it instead of 5, it sits down a lot better with the extra two.....for me anyway.

Otherwise it's a pretty easy install and if you get the bed rails too far forward or back there is some adjustment in the slide rails on the inside too.

A couple of beers and a drill......what can go wrong?
bigeasycigars is offline   Reply With Quote