View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #261
phillipm

Re: 1978 Russet Metallic 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffydores View Post

Again, I admit, I'm a novice at prepping for overland adventure. The organizers apparently have a whole support staff of trucks and mechanics coming, so technically, I don't need anything. But.....that just doesn't feel right. If I can handle most basic stuff, I'm not gonna act like I've been neutered of ability and rely on somebody to show up. That would be throwing away part of the fun of back country adventure. So above are my basics. It's not all of my stuff, but most of the hand tools. Chime in with any opinions on the matter. I'm all ears.

No leaks have showed up. I'll keep pushing it. While testing the brakes, looks like I don't have enough clamp to lock them up. Any ideas there. They're good, just not enough to lock. They also pull a little right with full pressure, so I suppose my left brake line is showing it's age.
Like you said, since they'll have people there too I'd just bring things that may be either unique to your truck, or things that you'd just feel comfortable knowing you've got. For the brakes I'd normally say you're probably not going to be going fast enough for it to matter, however if the traffic line is close together that could be bad!
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote