View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #7
bwood

Re: Any way to turn off your daytime running lights

They DRL are not the reason your lenses are fogged and yellow. Yeah they might have contibuted, but the previous GMs (pre-DRL) with the composite headlights have the same issue. My wifes 99 Malibu has done the same thing and it doesn't have DRL, it lights the front marker lights in the daytime. Same goes for so many other manufacturers. The headlights generally are exposed to somewhat harsh conditions most of the time. They are plastic and with any type of plastic UV, changing temps, heat, road debris and time will cause fading, cracking, color changes and "fogging". I had the same issue with my 98 and went with some Anzo Racing replacements from Jegs Racing. They come with a 1yr warr with is better than others I researched. I don't mind the DRL on my truck and on some of the newer GMs you can push the courtsey light override switch three times and it will tell the vehicle not to illuminate the DRL (my example is my previous 99 S10 and my buddies 00 S10). Wal Mart (and I'm sure other retailers sell it) sell a kit designed to buff/remove the damages outer layers of the lens and take away the yellowing and some of the fogging. I used it on my wife's Malibu and it does work. Just read the instructions before starting. It is in a chrome package for $20, it is with the car wash stuff.
2005 Honda CRF250R
2006 Honda CRF150F
bwood is offline   Reply With Quote