View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #264
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Well, well, well! I was finally was able to take it on a test drive this morning and I am a completely satisfied camper! It runs identical to the K10 as I had hoped! Tons of power with Cadillac drivablity manors. No more idle flares, hunting idle, dying, jerky jerk operation…. blah, blah blah…. Ah, and having the low-end grunt to let it lug itself around is so nice. Best of both worlds. Sucks it took 6 months to get here but it was worth it in the end.

You’re all probably tired of pictures but these are the latest pictures with the final hose/harness routing and clipping. It is now DONE under the hood with respect to the 8.1L swap. Speaking of the hood, that is the last thing that needs attention….the hood needs adjusted badly! I’ll try to get some videos soon.

Engine out for the cam swap, day after Christmas

Made stand off brackets for the hydroboost hose from the pump to the booster. This is a GMT400 booster hose (those hose with the blue clamp).

Made another stand off bracket for the hose going to the pump. It has a p-clip holding to the stud to prevent the metal portion of the hose from vibrating resulting in fatigue cracks

Might have a leak at the p/s pump that I need to keep my eye on. It didn’t leak over night after I wiped it off

Final Final!

This should be the end of the engine swap reporting for a while. Next up I need to adjust the hood, driver’s door and get after the horrible driveline angles causing major highway vibrations. Aiming to take it on a long roadtrip in May to the Overland Expo
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote