View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Whats a Fair Price for Metallic Paint Job on Sandblasted longbox woodbed

First of all,it would be nice to know what part of the country you are in. Economies vary from region to region,so labor prices do also. The guy says he has painted show cars? Have you seen any of his work? Does he keep a photo album? How did you get on to this guy?...Great reputation? It sounds like the job you want will require an above average painter,so I hope you landed with this one from some sort of reputation. I think $2,000 labor sounds fair. I would assume we are not talking a quicky like Maaco does. You shouldn't assume. You should ask specific questions. As Stitch said,a good painter won't do paint like that without going over it with a fine tooth comb. He knows what it needs to lay nicely. Around here a good paint job costs about $4,000 on the average.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-27-2011 at 07:29 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote