View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #65
Already Gone
60+ (Old Skool Club)

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Suburban?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
Good catch. Why someone would order a YG6 plus A/C and not just go YG8 is beyond me.

Nice truck but would have been better restored.
I have been thinking about that and may have the answer. If you ordered the YG8 package A/C was included and the RPO Code for a pickup ( couldn't find a Burb Spid with just front A/C ) with A/C was C60. The A/C code on the Burb shows C69 and Air Conditioning-OV is printed on the Spid. I'm thinking the YG8 Package contents were specific and if you wanted a Burb with front and rear A/C you would have had to order the YG6 and add the front and rear A/C. Same things goes why didn't they order a YG7 Package. The YG7 includes an automatic trans and this Burb was built with a 4 speed standard.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have right to do and what is right to do !!.... Potter Stewart

"So often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key"
From the Eagles Song Already Gone - 1974

RIP Glenn Frey 1948-2016
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote