Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #860
Rustomod

Re: S10 Swap how to

Hi all. New to the site. Found this thread last year when looking for tips for my '49 panel/ S10 swap. I had already purchased the Code504 kit but this thread was instrumental in brake assembly, steering column, and many other details. I got hooked on the concept, my friend saw my '49 and wanted me to do something with his '34 dodge yard ornament. So it's on a shortbed S10 chassis with the 4.3 auto TBI setup. Started tearing his truck and the donor S10 apart in September. Just drove the build around the block last week. Brakes/cab/ running gear only to this point. I am totally hooked on the swap thing. My 49 drives like a dream at 75 down the highway. My next project is a '54 totally intact 3 window 3100 that a tree fell on back in the '60's. Been sitting ever since. It gets an old school pre-computer small block, The 700r4 from the '92 S10 donor, and a C4 vette rear that I've already gotten. Chris I sure appreciate all the tips, my '54 is getting your mounts of course. Half of the 504 kit pieces are in the corner being used as materials...bumper mounts, a couple of the crossmembers etc. Hope you are continuing well in your recovery. ...Take care,
Dennis

Last edited by Rustomod; 12-14-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Rustomod is offline   Reply With Quote