View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #122
Slammit

Re: Back-half, Corvette C4 in 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
It is... he came by this morning. Looks like it will be moving forward again in the next couple months!
I am just glad this thread is still alive! My 16 year old son got a '72 Cheyenne LB as a gift.....and one of the first things he thought of was to put a C4 IRS in the rear. Hello!!!!!!!!!! At first I was stunned......but then my ears perked up like a......well you know.
And here it is - you are doing it! I have a ton of questions - more on the tech side that I know you're too busy for - but maybe someday you can come back and address them.
First tho - thank you for being one of the few to reach out and make new stuff happen. Some visualize - others start cutting knowing they can make a positive result from it.
Early in the thread you said it would be easier for you to cut the frame than to make brackets work with the existing frame. I'd love to know what told that story? Prefit? How did you know?
I doubt yours is like most others who'd not take on the C4 IRS conversion with the cantilever bags. In our case - we just want to use the mono leaf with the shocks (basically leave the C4 rearend stock) so the questions come up about whether there is a need for C notching and the need for 4 link extensions in order for it to function properly?
Im just wondering - considering that the rear of this truck is already down 5 inches (coil springs) whether it would be necessary to C notch or not?
Do you find the midpoint of the suspension travel (under truck weight) for determining the IRS mount bracket height? What determines the ideal mount points for the stock 4 link rods? Like - where do they WANT to be? Lots more questions but dont want to wear out my welcome. Stuff like the rearend ratio in these rearends are way highway!!!!! What is the work around to that?
BTW the truck used to be member JHolley's truck! So glad to have it!
Thanks for everything...

Last edited by Slammit; 10-07-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Slammit is offline   Reply With Quote