View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #17
joedoh

Re: Photobucket is pulling a fast one, so beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
And yes class action suit was the wrong term but I can't go back and change that now on here.

my comment wasnt directed at you, directly anyway. there is a lot of chatter about class action suits over this and I just shake my head. actually with your PAID accounts if they ever told you it would allow third party hosting then you would be the one a class action suit would work out for.

decades ago I was out at 11:30 pm picking up a girlfriend from work on christmas eve, streets COMPLETELY deserted. I came up to a yellow light at a big intersection and went through, the light turned red right as I went under it. pulled over, no sympathy, should have framed the ticket. didnt have a lot of money back then for the $230 failure to stop so by the time I paid it there was an $85 warrant attached. no problem, my fault, paid that too.

another decade goes by, I get pulled over on my way home from a christmas party, literally three blocks from the first ticket. everything is in order, clean record, all the right paperwork. oops! 10 year old bench warrant for the original ticket. I am hauled to jail, no OR release because of the age of the warrant. have to pay $500 for the warrant, no court date given because the original charge is showing as paid in full. pay another $375 for impound. Protest to courts, they tell me "you arent the only one picked up on a 10 year old warrant, just be patient it will get sorted".

a year later I get a notice saying, so sorry, computer glitch reactivated old warrants and we dont know which ones until someone gets PULLED OVER and PUT IN JAIL! there is a class action suit, if you have been charged please send copies of all costs and receipts. so I send, another year and the next letter says the suit is won, expect my disbursement. I was really excited what I could do with this almost $1000 windfall (of money I should have kept in the first place). another month, another letter, a check.

for $31. the rest of my settlement was "legal fees". I threw it away.

TL;DR: class action suits SOUND like good things. they frequently arent.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote