View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #55
MacQuigley

Re: Super Duper Haggis Hauler II - The Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
If you look at a pic of what you started with it should make you smile.
Cheers Ryan.

I was looking at the pictures last night and I'm pleased to say that there is no comparison. That said I'm not happy with my painting but then again I'm an electrical fitter to trade not a painter!

Also, got the Vette in the garage yesterday for its winter hibernation. In truth if I could get the truck in there it would be in but the door is not tall enough (a small modification is on the card though and I'm sure a removable panel can be sorted out).

Once the dolly's were used I could get a nice path down the side. Not sure what I'm going to do with it over the winter but I do want to get some essentials done like checking all the suspension and brakes, handbrake, make some kind of shield to stop the exhaust getting hit or alter the exhaust (Id like to fit new silencers/mufflers as its only got two cherry bombs fitted and they are too loud). Really need to sort out the seatbelts as they don't work properly. But I'm also considering a respray. Nothing fancy just a stop gap as the paint really is crap.

However, truck comes first but even that may hit a wall soon as my dad has to go back into hospital to have his hip replaced for a 3rd time. Not quite sure where that is going to take us both right now. He will probably be in for 3 months this time but its when he gets out and what condition he is in. I'm likely to have to stay with him a bit. But there are positives in that. I can do some work on his Cobra and try and get him a step closer to fitting the 509 into it. We will see.
Attached Images

MacQuigley is offline   Reply With Quote