View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #8
Killer Bee

Re: I called deaver springs today..

no excuse? sure there is, business is business and chat leading to no sale is costly, and can be irritating.. no offense op, but we've only heard your side of the story..

and since I don't believe any of us are in charge of HR at deaver, it's a lot easier and less stressful to have some patience and understand how and possibly why people behave..

maybe the guy has been counseled for spending too much time on phone calls not leading to sales? maybe it's company policy? maybe his first day? maybe the guy was already off the clock or from another dept, just covering phones to get out of there? or his cat died? maybe it was a supervisor or some authority that didn't sense any business taking place and wanted to get to the next seven callers waiting that may need something they do sell.. who knows??

if YOU want something someone else has like springs, information, etc., the onus is on YOU to communicate..

if the guy on the phone called the op trying to sell him something, be a different story..

don't like they way they run their business, take your wallet somewhere else.. maybe they know their place in the market and don't care.. sounds like op was asking for something they may not even make..

or, if they have something the op can use and he can't get the phone assistance he needs, ask to speak to someone else or their supervisor..

but I do know this, of the thousands of calls I've made to parts vendors, which is part of my job, I've learned a few things that make my transactions go a lot smoother than that..

and when a vendor doesn't have something I need, I politely ask if they could suggest someone that may.. and you know what, almost every single vendor has given me at least a company, if not an actual person and phone number to contact..

good luck y'all!