View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #1772
SCOTI

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
It reminds me of this style, though I’m not sure I’d go so far as to do crossed flags and tonowanda decals.
Though not an LS, I did it. I wanted the older Musclecar period look for my later model Squarebody TBI equipped set-up. While mine IS a big-block, the newer stuff bared very little visual resemblance to it's Musclecar precedent.

I had the factory painted steel valve covers chromed because they were:
A) Cheap
B) I already possessed them
C) After comparing to TRUE 70's era BBC chrome v.covers, they were much smoother.

I used an Edelbrock TBI intake vs. the cast iron BBC intake w/the TBI adapter & a period correct dual snorkel air cleaner to top it off.
I re-routed wiring & other asthetics to appear less electronic. I liked the older look once finished.
I also did the 'Built by Chevrolet Tonawanda' v.cover & 454 air cleaner engine displacement decals to finish off the 'look'. The repop decals didn't survive underhood life for long before coming apart & have been removed...
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote