View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #28
bosco

Re: Ryan's 57 pickup project

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPartridge View Post
Thanks Bosco!
Are you the same Bosco that's famous for carving tikis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPartridge View Post
Updated stance...

Here's the truck after Sid dropped my stock axle 3", new kingpins, new tie rods, all fresh gear and 4 degree caster shims.

By the time the axle was shipped back to me the old 1957 yellow/black CA plates had finally cleared with the DMV so I was stoked to get those on.

At this point the truck rode and handled better than ever. The only issues I had was some serious body roll in turns...and the Toyota power steering box. I couldn't stand not feeling the road. After about 9 months of driving it this way I decided to ditch the PS. A member here wfojon offered me an original 57 steering box/column if I came to pick it up, so I drove 3.5 hours out to Tehachapi to grab it. I had it rebuilt by a local shop and last week my buddy helped me install it.

While it was on the lift I installed a front sway bar from Jim Carter. Body roll is totally gone. Truck drives great! I can feel the road! Gotta use some muscle when rolling slow in parking lots but it's worth it. The truck is handling better than I imagined it would with these mods.
I remember eating at that restaurant when we lived in HB.

No tiki carvings from me.
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote