View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #35
RyanPartridge

Re: Ryan's 57 pickup project

Busy couple weeks...

Found out my brake light switch didn't go bad, it just stopped working once I unplugged and removed the repop turn signal lever that the previous owner installed that never worked since I've owned the truck.
I plugged the turn signal wires back in and not only did I get my brake lights back...the turn signals suddenly worked...for about 4 days. Turn signals don't want to work anymore. Ugh.

I did get my truck over to Advance Muffler in Long Beach, which has been there since 1949. Darren set me up with new 2" dual pipes and my Porter mufflers are in. Nice mellow tone. Not too loud. I'm mostly surprised how much punchier the truck feels. Performance upgrade for sure. Maybe I was lacking some back pressure with the larger pipes and Cherry Bombs the truck came with for this little 283...

I also got a carb issue worked out with the help of Bob at RPM Carburetor Specialties who is truly a master of his craft. Highly recommend him!

Truck is running smoother and faster than it ever has. Super happy with the latest upgrades!

Just need to decide on wheels and get started on upholstery...
Attached Images