View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 PM   #11
Dannny B

Re: 2 months in Baja

Mickey, I spent 10 years taking motorhome caravans to Mexico and Alaska,,, also motorcycle caravans. The first thing I have to ask you;
Did you buy your house through Fideicomiso? Wiki has an entry;
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fideicomiso
Foreigners aren't allowed to directly own land in Mexico if it is within a certain distance of the border or the ocean. If you didn't go through Fideicomiso, you don't have a true legal claim.
You also have to be very careful of buying former ejido land. The Mexican GOV routinely expropriates land from private owners and gives it to the poor to form a collective farm (Ejido)
They took private land near Rosarito and gave it to an ejido. The ejido people turned around and sold it to gringos to build beach houses. The former private owners sued in court and got it back.
As an America, you have almost no legal standing in a Mexican court.
Land in Mexico is an emotional issue even stronger than the isue of guns in America. If you didn't go through Fidieocomiso, you should try to re-sell the land.
I also did pre-run & pit and chase for the 1000 for a few years.

Re: Malarimo I did it many years ago when it took about 110 miles of dirt one way. It is much easier now. When yuo come oput of the river canyon that is the access, turn to the left. If you turn to the right, the land just gets lower and lower and turns into swamp.
Dannny B is offline   Reply With Quote