View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
Spydarbug

Looking for LS swap installers

Hello all,
I have been a long time reader of this site and would like to say thanks to everyone who takes the time to pass along your experience and expertise. So, I purchased a 49 3100/ with S10 swap back in 2014. It has the standard SBC and th350 combo. So, after only putting a whopping 500+ miles on it, I've grown to want more. Of course this means an LS swap. Which brings me to this site for everyones input. First, off if anyone is interested in performing another swap and lives within 4-5 hours from the Montgomery, AL area, please contact me. My dilemma and ever growing frustration is when I contact local hotrod shop, repair shop, swap shop, etc. They are giving me quotes of 10-12k for an install. Wow!, I'm not trying to put their children through a semester of college. No offense to anyone who has that kind of money invested in their swap, but that seems excessive. After reading many threads on this site, and seeing what you guys are capable of, I feel I should be able to pay someone and get everything done for 5-6k range? Am I off by that much? Is that a realistic budget? Although, I have no experience with pulling motors etc. I've even considered trying this myself. I don't even own a welder or cutting wheel. Should I just go for it, buy tools as the need arises? I don't want to get so discouraged and fall into the shops mega prices. Rant over, your thoughts? Any takers on my swap? I'm looking for a basic 5.3/4l60 install and would be happy with stock, headers, tune, ans so on. I'm also open to an exceptional deal on a 4.8 combo?

Last edited by Spydarbug; 01-11-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Post motor / trans requirements
Spydarbug is offline   Reply With Quote