View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
Rusty Wrenches

bringing it back to life

Hey guys, I am currently looking to purchasing a 67 shorty that is very original from my knowledge with a 283 and auto trans (not sure which one). Anyhow, I went and looked at it today and the owner got it off the original owner two years ago. He hasn't done anything with it and apparently it was sitting for a few years before he got it. Well, we got it started briefly and it seemed to run pretty well actually. He was adamant about not putting gas in the gas tank to get it started which makes me wonder. How would you go about cleaning out the existing gas tank and using it? It was bone dry because I disconnected the line at the bottom of the tank to run a line to an external tank and nothing came out. I can do brakes and bearing but I am just wondering if I would need to just replace the tank right off the bat or is there something I can do to ensure its cleanliness. I really just want to get this thing back on the road without replacing unnecessary components. Trans fluid was nice and red and it did burn off a little oil when we finally got it started which is to be expected I would imagine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Im really excited about how well the body has held up on this truck and I just want to get this classic back on the road!
Rusty Wrenches is offline   Reply With Quote