View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 12:47 AM   #16
Gregsmx

alf, I would reccomend using oem switches, or at least a toggle switch that returns to netrual when released. I believe a fuse will blow or wires overheat if the window was to be in the fully down position with continuous hot to the motor. Replacement power window switches are available in the 'help' section of the auto store.

76 Chalet, regarding the wiring harness for the windows here's what I found:

1. GM has discontinued the wiring harness for power windows. My local dealer had only a passenger side power window harness for $129. I'm not even sure how much of the harness that included, didn't bother to go look, sooo.....

2. Off to the salvage yard, where I scored big. Driver side and passenger side combination wiring harness for window and power lock, and an extra window harness for the power tailgate... $30.

This wiring harness has a removable clip at the power window unit, and another at the power lock. It has the female receiver that will fit in the pins that are shown in the pic above. And finally continues through the door. If at the salvage yard, it's very easy to remove the entire harness without cutting any wires. All that's needed is a phillips to remove the door panel and old window switches.

I'll post pics of the harness tomorrow.

Here's the website I'm uploading pics to: Greg's frame off project
Gregsmx is offline   Reply With Quote