View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #88
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: #the 77_remix

Ok, so the 194s will stay as incandescent for the moment. Lets look at the other bulbs. Since I didnt have the ability to mount the lenses in place I did a bench test. I used an 18v battery for a power source so they are running a tad bit on the high side.

Thats not suposed to be an issue for the LEDs as the specs state they contain a brightness chip to allow a working voltage of 9v to 30v. Just in case your running a 24 volt system these have you covered.

So what are the results? Its much harder than you might think to get a good quality picture looking straight in to a light. In case you cant tel from the pics, the LEDs are about 50% brighter with a much whiter light. They also cast a larger illumination pattern. Note that they fill the lens with light rather than a bright spot in the center.

In conclusion, are the iBrightstar LEDs worth 7.00 per bulb? I do believe that I am satisfied with the results. Would I buy them again? I do believe that I would, so this is a 5 star recommendation for the 1157 and 1156. The 194s not so much, but they do look darn cool.

Pic #1- Reverse lights
Pic #2- Tail lights
Pic #3- Brake lights
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 11-07-2017 at 11:01 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote