Old 08-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
68gmcdually

Re: August 2006 TOTM - Seein' Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
I nominate 68gmcdually's truck.
Thanks Krue;

I was waiting for this one.

My little baby is a '68 GMC 910, remade into a 930 (canadian built 1 ton GMC), mounted on a '92 3500 chassis, 5.7 l (carbureted), matched up to a NV4500 tranny. We stetched the cab 20" to accomodate my ideas of a growing family. The truck was completed enough to drive at 2:30 pm on June 4, 2005 and my wedding was at 3 pm. Made it just in the knick of time but was pleased as punch that I got to drive it to the service. Made quite a scene at the church too since everyone knew how badly I wanted to drive it there. We are expecting our first child this month on the 28 th as well, so needless to say I am glad that we strechted her out. We are planning a trip around Lake Ontario with it next summer towing our house trailer to visit some friends who are relocating to Rochester and to re-visit Lake Placid as we haven't been there for about 5 years and we absolutely loved it the first time around. So with me, the wife and a one year old, along with our cocker spaniel the extra seat will be nice.

The dually bed was custom made by grafting stepside fenders on and extending the heels of them so that the body lines matched up. For marker lights we frenched in beehive led lights front and back which gives it a classic look.

The interior is compliments of a 2001 silverado, also compliments of the same truck is the cargo/brake light in the back of the cab. Keeping with the silverado theme we installed a bar of three lights under the tailgate to keep the Dept. of Transport happy.

The radio is the original one, rebuilt to accomodate FM frequency with XM radio, thanks to my loving wife.

The dash cluster is out of a GMC 950, and has working tach and vacuumn gauge. The bezel was woodgrained by hand by my father.

A aftermarket A/C is ordered and will be installed discreetly before next summer.

There wasn't much that wasn't touched on this truck. I like it since it allowed me to build it exactly the way that I wanted. We are in the process of renovating our first house that we just bought and we gutted it and redid it the way that we wanted as well. Thats just the type of person that I am. It has to be right the first time around. Life isn't a dress rehearsal.

And fortunately enough for me the house came with a 25' x 45' garage in the backyard, devoted solely for this truck. (the wife has an attached garage )

We regularly tow the car trailer with this truck and the house trailer. Show it often as well and use it like it was built for, WORK!!

Also without the help of everyone on here the truck wouldn't half the truck that it is Today. Thanks.

Also there are more pics in my sig.
Attached Images

1968 930 Extend-A-Cab Dually 5.7l, 5 speed,

Last edited by 68gmcdually; 08-19-2006 at 05:13 PM.