View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #38
notchbackgta

Re: Working Man's Burbon Rear 1/4 windows (fixed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
As soon as I get some more pictures I will post the information I have. (#$&% battery life) They were from Prescion Rubber. I will have to post some sort of drawing so the problem is apparent to everyone. In the meantime I am looking for a different supplier.
Yeah, my Precision small windows were wrong too. The trapezoid was the wrong shape. The top of the trap is the correct length, as was the sides, but the bottom is about 3/8 too short, so when you put it over the glass it pulls the front corner of the seal down. When you install in the channel it made the front corner way low.

I mentioned it to GMC Pauls when I installed the passenger side but I never got around to sending them the pictures of the problem. I think Precision may actually rectify the problem once they know there is one, again, I was tired of messing with the seals so I just installed it.
The door to body seals were also wrong, they were too short across the top, all three doors. They re-tooled them and sent me new ones but the next ones were still a little off. The top length was good, but the 90 degree door corners were not 90 on the seal, they were obtuse angles and didnt fit into the corner very well. They must have re-done them again because they want me to try another set. I am all for a manufacturer making parts properly, just the time involved to re-install them sucks. I am not ready for paint, so I have to scrape the old glue by hand carefully and it is very time consuming
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote