View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Coley

Re: Removing Original Exhaust , V8 Tips ?

Before you do anything...I would seriously soak all the fasteners and nuts down with liquid wrench (or equivalent) and leave them for a full day or two.
After soaking them I would give them a few taps or a little bit of attempted torque to help the liquid wrench penetrate.
One thing that often helps a fastener 'break free' is when you alternate between trying to loosen it and tighten it. Sometimes a turn towards tightening it up makes a big difference in it then being willing to untighten.
When you do put a wrench or socket it on it, use a '6 point' if you can....not a 12 point (socket)....which would be more likely to 'round the head' off....and stay very far away from using an 'adjustable wrench'.
Anyhow, with respect to the liquid wrench stuff....I would do this at least a couple of times....but start early, and be patient and let it do a bunch of the work.
If you try to do this all within the next 15 minutes without preparing it probably won't go well.

all Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote