View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #18
C/10 King

Re: Dark Poly '67 CST Shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAc10boy View Post
Been following you on instagram for a long time, Rene, but this has to be my favorite truck you've owned. If you ever decide to let it go, I hope you'll give us East Coast boys a chance at it.
Hahaha . Thanks soooo much, but not for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
Very cool truck.
Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
The man is a magnet for these old trucks I tell ya. I don't know how he finds them all. It's a good look. I've never really cared for the toppers but I know they have their use. Seeing old ones in good shape are rare though.
I've never been a white wall guy but the older I get the more I look at them. They are a rarity on today's vehicles.
Yup, the toppers I use mostly when I attend auto swapmeets, so much easier to store parts in the back without having to worry about someone walking away with them.... The white wall is just a personal thing that I always liked on original looking trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGN View Post
A 67 CST shorty and with the small window , sooo nice. Is that a four speed ? The tilt looks like it's been with the truck from the factory. Good looking truck you got there.
Yup, a factory "granny" four that still works well.... and the tilt, made by forum member "Kevin Hernandez" is the icing on the cake!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 View Post
A tilt that IS NOT black?
What Tim said.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Nope, first year was '69 for Comfotilt. This falls under his "personalization" category. Looks better matching, doesn't it?

Rene, you did a great job on that patina. Looks so real!!!

Is it a 283 under that hood? If you decide to part...
Tim, I'm glad you liked my patina job .... a 292 with dual pipes sits under the hood.
Attached Images

1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote