View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #27
cooperhw

Re: Calling all slicers and dicers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Are you talking about the pinch weld? I've seen trucks with that section trimmed up so it's level with the fender and bed rockers so they will lay flat. To me it looks funny, but that's just me. I do know, however, that to even lay pinch weld on the cab, you have to do a .75" body drop because the frame hits the ground before the pinch. If you trim that off, you will have to drop the body even further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Oh I see. I thought in your original drawing you had the rear frame section Z'ed as well. If you don't do anything to the rear frame or bed, you are going to have a huge built in drop up front with only about 6"-7" of available suspension drop in rear. Otherwise, you have to raise the bed floor.
I should now post up that picture 1,2,3 & 4 are junk. "The last pic is the one that truly shows all the plan." As to the bed floor. I always had in mind to raise it if needed. No biggie. Just work.
I am having thoughts of going up my mountain property and picking up the rear crossmember and trailing arms off of a 66 Chevy 1/2 ton frame I have sitting in the bone yard. It was hit in the front and bent quite a bit in front of the front crossmember. Anyhow, I think if I did that and did the whole axle flip kit on the back it will get me close. hang a bag between the frame and the trailing arms and up and down she goes. I should also add that I have no problem doing a c-notch in the rear if/when needed. Actually always planned to do one, just waiting to see how much.

Last edited by cooperhw; 04-05-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote