View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #33
Twisted Minis

Re: S10 build up for kid with Epilepsy

I don't like the idea of running one large cable to a distribution block, and then from there to the starter. The starter wire needs to be as short and direct as it can be.

We could run a battery terminal with two 0GA outputs, one to the starter, and one to a block with two/three 4GA outputs. Then we can run to your fused block for the stereo, and an inline fuse for the compressors.

As far as the install, I will probably do it. Since I am donating my shallow 8s, they are already in a box that will actually fit well on the "shelf" behind his seat with enough room for the seat to slide all the way back still. So basically, this is going in it:

I just need to get him a couple sets of nice RCA's, and some nice speaker wire, and try to get my interior guy to cover it. It's got room for a decent size amp in the middle. I don't know how big the Pioneer amps are? I don't know if two would fit, but if they are shallow one might fit under the seat?

The goal is keeping this thing really simple and understated. We are having a rendering done that should illustrate that.

His name is John.

There are no speakers in the truck at this point. No head unit, dash insert, nothing. The guy stripped everything out before selling. I haven't even looked to see what size speakers would fit. I am thinking a 5.25" would fit easily in the stock location, but I don't remember seeing holes. This thing doesn't need a big high end system, he says he just wants it to bump a little bit. He can't tell the difference between the RF speakers in the truck I just bought, that don't work right, or the $400 ID 6.5" component set in my friends truck. So anything that doesn't go all static will probably suit him fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceX View Post
Ok, because what I was thinking I might do is get a block that has a single 0ga input and four 4/8ga outputs, so we would run just one wire from the battery (albeit a BIG wire...) and then run all the other wires from the block. We could have a separate wire for the starter, compressors, and stereo.

Let me know how you wanna do it and I'll either change the block I have on order or just leave it as is. My tax return $$$ just came in tonight (finally!!!) so as soon as I hear form you I'll be sending off the money for the parts.

Also, are you gonna be the one doing the install? I think if we asked lil moe really nice he might build a box for us. It will probably be bright pink until it's painted, but he's pretty dam good at it by now.

EDIT: If James doesn't have time/want to do it, I'll try and squeeze some time out to get down there and bust out a box. Does he like fiberglass and neon, or does he want something more subdued like my boxes? I have an idea of what I'd do, but I'll go about it differently depending on what the guy likes.

BTW, what's his name?

EDIT2: What size are the speakers in the doors...? I never thought to ask...

Last edited by Twisted Minis; 03-11-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Twisted Minis is offline   Reply With Quote