View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 1962 chevy 10 brake help.

You should be able to get these parts from your local auto parts store. Depending on your area, you might have to go to Napa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnima View Post
Here is basically what I don't know.

On the front axel where the brake shoes are. The plunger/valve that pushes the shoes against the drum... Can you replace it? I have new drums and shoes.

Those are called "wheel cylinders". I would suggest replacing the hoses while you're at it.

On the Firewall where you fill up with brake fluid, i guess the resevoir. Mine is rusted way to bad and lines are gone. I don't know what i need there, i guess i need the whole thing? (its hard to explain when ya don't know what things are called lol).

That is called the "master cylinder" The '60-'62's had a combination brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder all in one unit. Since you're new to this you might consider investing in a repair manual for your truck. That will tell you a lot, plus have pics and illustrations.

How does the brake petal connect and apply pressure to the brakes??
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote