View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #1
Hawssie

floor pan differences

Im not sure if this has been asked yet but I need to replace part or maybe just all of my floor in a 72, ironically not because of rust as its pretty rust free, but because of the previous owner made it into a " 4 wheeler" and put thousands into it, transfer case doubler, arbs, dana 60 up front 14 bolt rear, TBI motor fancy suspension on and on, anyways I sold off most of it a while back but he also hacked up the floor to fit the doubler, Well I was comparing the floor to my other 72 which is the same but also to my 70 2wd small hump and my 69 2wd high hump both of these 2wds seem to not have an extra small cross member that the Blazers have. My question is if I buy an aftermarket floor I doubt it will have this and if it is a big deal.
I added some pictures to hopefully point out what I am talking about. The cross member goes right to the back of the hump cut out, the first picture is of my 69 high hump without it, the second is my other unmolested 72 blazer showing the cross member, the other 3 are of the Blazer I am working on.
On this 72 I'm working on, the back area behind the hump opening was cut then raised up, and up front the hump mounting flange was also cut and raised up a bit to raise the hump pan along with the rear floor, when this was done he also cut out a piece of the cross member in question. He did all this to fit the Doubler transfer case and to tuck it up as high as possible for ground clearance. I cut it back out the raised back area to see what I am dealing with. Seat bracket holes were also messed with for 2001 seats, which I took out. I could easily "fix it" to work and make it so stock carpeting fits again, but I want it to look as original as possible and not hacked. I will have the Blazer stripped out enough to put it on the rotisserie tomorrow. Anyone run into this when buying an aftermarket floor? I also will be changing the color! Its a nice paint job but the color is not for me.
Attached Images

Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote