View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #5
toolboxchev

Re: Engine Misfire & Stumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
Your description does sound more like carb popping than backfire. Backfires are usually nice and loud and out the tailpipe. I don't usually see multiple backfires unless the plug wires are crossed. Carb popping would have a nice rythem to it. Maybe a little more description can narrow it down more.
It did have somewhat of a rhythm to it, yet next time I laid on the fuel it would go away, then after accelerating ( normal ) it would come back.

Today being the first day of little to no rain here it did act up a little this morning. I laid on the throttle pretty heavy more than a few times. I has definitely kinda cleared up. On the way home from work it was even better with only one or two stumbles right after warm up and then all clear on the way home.

Weird??? I am going to work on the fuel line issues, they are the old rubber hoses. This weekend I will check fuel pressure and blow out those areas noted on the carb.

Thanks to all whom have gotten back, I was worried it would have died on me this morning going to a new position with BENEFITS the date of hire!
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote