View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #415
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Well it is 51 years old and there are still some parts I haven't got to yet. I've only got just under 6000 miles on it at this point.
I was looking into replacing the hose from the compressor and during the course of that I noticed the fill times given by compressor manufacturers to fill a 2.5 gallon air tank. They all seemed to be in the 2-5 minute range which is very different than the 15 minutes it takes mine to get to 150 psi. So I ordered a new compressor (with hose!) since it appears that mine may be worn out. When I got the truck the shut off on the compressor was set above 200 psi which I thought was too high. I am sure that contributed to its wear and tear. So I reset it to 145 psi and magically things got guieter inside.

In other news I feel like I am living a Dwight Yoakam song as of late.

I drive a beat up '67 Chevrolet
With a torn up seat
That pokes a brand new hole in my back near every day

Part of the front seat spring has broken and turned fairly dangerous. With one or both of the two pieces waiting to shred me every time I get in or out. I am pretty carefull as of late. I located a set of 40/20/40 seats from a 2013 GMC on Craig's List. The truck had under 10k on it so they seem like new. The center seat back is missing so still some searching to do. But only $200 into it as of now. I had to drive down to south of Salem to get them. The first long trip with the new rear gears and the rest. I filled up before leaving, drove there and back and then to work the next day and filled the tank back up. I checked the speedometer against the 5 miles test sections the state has set up going down and coming back. Surprisingly the speedometer is one of the most accurate ones have have ever had. It was 1/2 of 1/10th of a mile off after 5 miles. Is that 1/20th??? Anyway the end result for MPG was 14.9. I have to say I am pleased with that as I have done no carb tuning. I stayed at 60 mph for most of the trip.

Posted with Dwight in the back ground.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7hojsYK12eY
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote